Lady Gaga Takes Vow of Celibacy

Jon Furniss/WireImage
You can be a sex symbol without having sex -- at least, that’s what Lady Gaga is out to prove. The Grammy winner, who’s famous for her wild fashions and recently posed topless for Q Magazine, told the U.K.'s Daily Mirror that she's sworn off good lovin' for her whole tour.

"I'm single," said Gaga, 23. "I haven't got time to spend on the road to get to know anyone. Even Lady GaGa can be celibate, you don't have to have sex to be loved."

Lady Gaga recently ended an on-again, off-again relationship with Matthew Williams, a member of her personal creative team. She says that she has enough self-confidence to be without a man right now -- and besides, her legions of admirers provide her with all the love she needs. "The thing that keeps me warm at night is my sense of self. When I see my beautiful fans I feel how much they protect and mean to me. It would be irresponsible if I didn't protect them and teach young people to be self-expressive, to love yourself."

While Lady Gaga wants to inspire her fans, she’s inadvertently inspired someone else: the Muppets. Word has leaked that the next Muppet movie, helmed by Jason Segel, will feature Miss Piggy as a “Lady Gaga-esque character living in Europe.”