Sewing for Granddaughters












Life has been crazy this summer. My father was in a serious car accident and when he left the rehab hospital he came to stay with us. He finally was well enough to go home last week so life is much calmer now. I've sewed some during the last three months but not much. So I've been going to town the last week. Here's a couple of things I made the Granddaughters. I made Emma two gymnastics outfits the brown skirt set was two Jalie patterns 2006 is the top and 2796 is the skort. Love the little skort it has a pocket in the side for a ipod and you can put shorts or panties under the skirt. I also made her Jalie 2797 but left off the skirt and cut the body of the leotard as one piece instead of putting the seam at the waist since I wasn't adding the skirt. Just used some swimsuit material left over from a past projects for both. I'm working on some little A-lines for Hailey and Alyssa. The pattern is Burda 3026, I changed the back from a button closure to a back zip and lined it so the applique wouldn't be scratchy. Hailey has very sensitive skin. I got the jungle prints from fabric.com a year or two ago. I appliqued the lion from Planet Applique and the monkey from Sewing for Sarah. I've finished Hailey's but haven't gotten a picture of her in it yet. And last but not least is a little dress made from scraps from a project my daughter Nicole made for Lucy for baby Sophie. I wish I had a picture of her in it but still waiting on it. It's Simplicity 2572, I just used three cordinating prints in lieu of using all one fabric. I also used bias turned to right side in lieu of suggested method. I'm glad my Dad is home and doing well with help from a friend from church. I'll be starting on Judy's wedding dress soon and want to make her some things for the honeymoon also. So lots and lots of sewing needs to get done in the next few months. She's getting married Novemeber 20th and it's creeping up quickley.